Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.
14+ Only
Swearing Is Allowed Here.
We Have an 18+ board
PM an admin for access

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Mountains (wolf)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kirstie
Mayoress
Mayoress
Kirstie

Female
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-08-28

The Mountains (wolf) Empty
PostSubject: The Mountains (wolf)   The Mountains (wolf) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 6:23 pm

The mountains and Lleai did not get along.

Not because they were treacherously steep, or because the snow and cold was omnipresent year-long. Not because the few creatures who did make their home in the cruel peaks were often as terrible as their surroundings.

It was because they reminded her of home.

The pale mockery of a wolf flew through the rocks and down the slippery slopes with impossible grace and speed. Her insubstantial form offered her this advantage, even if it was the only one that came with being a phantom. There was a suggestion of femininity in Lleai’s petite frame, elegant gait, and delicate muzzle; but only a suggestion.

Dashing through one particularly ill-placed boulder, Lleai pulled up short, only part of her frame materialized from the rock. A patch-work of paradise laid out some leagues beneath her paws, obviously in the throes of summer heat. It was a gorgeous view, but that was not what arrested her attention; someone else was already admiring the view.

Don’t be afraid, she warned the sentinel male, her alto voice manifesting itself only in the mind. She did not wish to frighten the other off the face of the cliff, but she had been cursed only enough to know sudden movements were the initial reaction of those unacquainted with her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theroleplaycity.com
Moreta
Mayoress
Mayoress
Moreta

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Mountains (wolf)   The Mountains (wolf) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 3:01 am

Stood calmly upon the rock's edge his golden eyes swept the surrounding vista, absorbing the stunningly beautiful view. The occasional gust of wind swept across the mountain, digging at his fur, trying to chill the skin beneath but never able to beat the warm shield his shaggy coat provided. One ear twitched at the sound of a distant footfall but his body remained still. There was something about the furtive movements that suggested this was a stranger to these lands and one with the original intention of staying unseen.

At first sight, the male's size went way beyond intimidating. He wasthe kind of wolf that could stop a fight before another had even thought of starting one. Even his name, Kuma, meaning bear, was perfectly suited to his broadly built form. However, a book should not be judged by its cover. A fearsome wolf he might appear to be, but Kuma has a heart to match his size. A peace loving giant he goes out of his way to provide others with what they desire. Sensing her secretive movements he pretended not to be aware of her presence until she reached out with her mind and quietly spoke.

His head slowly swung round, a friendly and genuinely warm smile crossing his muzzle, "So, you decided to step out of hiding after all. I was wondering if you would have the courage to approach or not." His body followed his large head and he padded away from his vantage point and towards the femme. "Can I help you at all?"
Back to top Go down
Kirstie
Mayoress
Mayoress
Kirstie

Female
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: The Mountains (wolf)   The Mountains (wolf) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 3:19 am

Lleai padded further from the shadows, her muzzle bowed low as if in mourning. She was wary of this male, his size so domineering compared to her own petite one. The cold earth beneath her paws grazed the soft pads there, causing them to sting slightly. She disliked the cold, and could not understand why these wolves, so unlike her own family could live in such conditions. When I had a family she corrected herself in her mind. Talking to herself had kept her sane over the lonely months, oddly enough.

As the other wolf spoke, she felt what muscles her dainty features contained ripple in distrust and slight fear. She had heard of the brutality of the packs up in these lands, and she could not help the instinct to protect herself. As he smiled, however, she relaxed, reading his warmth in his eyes. "I am looking for a new home." she responded, her dark eyes woeful in the bright light that surrounded them. "I am cast out from my pack as I dishonoured the alpha male." she lowered her maw once again, her paws shifting uneasily in the snow. Her once brilliant white coat was marred by weary days of travelling and sleeping in snowdrifts. She was so tired, yet the urge to keep going was ever-present within her. She could not die out here. She wouldn't. Not like...my cubs her thoughts were finished for her, a howl of agony contained within herself, yet she managed to stay composed, and look the male in the eye slowly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theroleplaycity.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mountains (wolf)   The Mountains (wolf) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mountains (wolf)
Page 1 of 1