Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.
14+ Only
Swearing Is Allowed Here.
We Have an 18+ board
PM an admin for access

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Valiant

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Valiant Empty
PostSubject: Valiant   Valiant Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 3:32 am

I just read the book Valiant:A Modern Tale of Faerie...by Holly Black..and it was so amazing. I love her 'modern faerie tales', Tithe was greerat and I can't wait to read Ironside....

...and I'm such a dork but oh well...I loved this book a lot.
Back to top Go down
Caboose-1

Caboose-1

Male
Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Valiant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant   Valiant Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 4:31 am

Don't worry, I'm a booknerd/nerd/geek/dork/but at the same time so amazing adorable(for some otherwise.). I read that was well, I loved it. But a better book was "The Martian Chronicles" by Ray Bradbury.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Valiant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant   Valiant Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 6:58 am

What's it about?
Back to top Go down
Caboose-1

Caboose-1

Male
Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Valiant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant   Valiant Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 4:12 am

Its a series of stories from other peoples views, there is a very light atmosphere on Mars, and people can breathe. Several expeditions leave for the planet, each one being killed off one at a time from illusions/martians/etc. One of the last expeditions, a man named "Spender" is hypnotized by an Martian, and goes off killing his own men. Then Negro's from all over, (take note this is like, 60's or 70's, segregation times,) save up tons of money and build a rocket of there own, a massive one, and go off to Mars to get away from the white man. Atleast, so far thats what I've read.
Back to top Go down
Kirstie
Mayoress
Mayoress
Kirstie

Female
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Valiant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant   Valiant Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Ray Bradbury reminds me of my English class....we studied his short stories. Bleurgh.

My favourite book at the minute is Cry To Heaven by Anne Rice

Its about a Roman patrician called Tonio whose brother returns from exile to find that Tonio has been given the right to marry (only the eldest could) instead of him because of the banishment. He seeks revenge by, after finding out his brother is an exquisite singer, subjecting him to the knife and making him a castratae and making him become an outcast (this was forbidden for patricians). The story follows Tonio's quest to become a great singer, the suffering he experiences at his loss of manhood, the feeling of being nothing, of being in between, relationships he has with both men and women and through it all the raging desire for revenge.

Oh and his brother turns out to be his father but thats too long winded to explain lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theroleplaycity.com
Sponsored content

Valiant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valiant   Valiant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valiant
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: OOC (Out of character) :: City Hall-
Jump to: